Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Arriving to Japan


Here is where my blog really starts. I just arrived to Japan to start a new chapter of my life. I came here to study as a journey to improve my japanese language and continue with my studies in medicine, topics I may touch later. The purpose of this blog is to show the interesting spots I may find in my every day's living.


 View of Japan's Sunrise from the sky


I will be living in Tokyo, so most of the information will concern this city. Here are the first images taken at my arrival from the sky, it was a cloudy day so it wasn't the great view I expected. After spending a few time in the procedures at the Narita's Airport for all foreigners travelers, I headed to Tokyo's central area riding an express train. It takes around 50 min to get to Tokyo and is the best way if you want to enjoy your first trip with a beautiful sight of the surrounding of the Chiba prefecture. You can see a lot of farming fields and very big traditional type houses.



After arriving at the Ueno Station, in central Tokyo, I moved using the metro subway around the stations with my all-day pass, which can be purchased at every station of the Tokyo's Metro Subway. It was a big journey to reach the Hotel where I first would move, since I had to carry all my bags and those were really heavy thinking that I brig all the possible for a stay longer than a year. People here is very kind and sometimes a man (usually the old ones) offered to help me, for example in some stairs.

Finally I reached the Hotel after a few hours of changing stations, metro lines, and a lot of streets walking with a huge weight in every hand and my back. Here are some photos of the surrounding of Tokiwadai Station in Itabashi, where I stayed my first night in Tokyo.

 
 A lot, really a lot of other things happened as every new adventure, knowing a lot of people and being helped in such a lot ways, even I was obviously in an outfit of foreigner, wearing a western' type hat but they didn't mind about that, of course speaking some japanese even if you aren't very fluent always helps to  grant a  quicker acceptance.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude that sounds great! glad you had a nice arriving to the Island!! don't get lost in translation, hang around the monster city to meet some other nice people, you'll find it easy thanks to our culture more open at making friends and getting along with people!
I really envy you since you will try the original sushi, sashimi and other delicacies of the japanese tradition!! mmm delicious sea food! lucky pal!

an advice (that I was given before my journey to Canada): enjoy to the outmost your stay! leave Mexico behind so you can taste the living in this other country! and don't depend on others to go out and do whatever you feel like or are curious to do! don't hesitate on this!!

hope you have the greatest time, I'll keep an eye to your blog! take it cool cousin!

Post a Comment



Web Counters
Web Site Hit Counters